Full Time Veterinary Surgeon
Southill Vets are looking for a Small Animal vet to come and join us from September.
Come join us in a wonderful part of the world, surrounded by rolling hills, 45 minutes from the coast and with easy links to London, Bath, Bristol and Exeter for those who like a city buzz.
Our practice is looking for that special person to come along and complete our team – we are happy to support new graduates and those returning from a break, but also those with ambitions to further their clinical and surgical skills into more specialist areas. We currently have one certificate holder and another vet working towards a certificate, and have a visiting Orthopaedic service when necessary. CPD is generous and any requests are considered. Graduate Scheme on offer for New Grads too!
Our wonderful team of vets, nurses and receptionists provide a friendly, supportive service to our clients and their pets, and we are proud to offer our own OOH service from our recently renovated Wincanton surgery. Don’t let OOH work put you off! Keep reading…..
I could tell you about all the toys and perks but the basics you would like to hear are:
- Full time vets work a 4 day week.
- We work 8.30am-6pm and rarely run late.
- Consulting blocks are never longer than 2 hours at a time and we have 15 minute appointments as standard.
- Time built into your rota for paperwork and phone calls-no staying late at the end of the day to catch up.
- Morning and afternoon tea breaks as a team.
- Out of hours is currently 1:5 and shared equally. We are very flexible with swapping, and there is always someone around to lend that extra hand for a GDV or help interpret an xray/blood results / someone’s handwriting. As we can only cover our own OOH in a relatively rural location the on call can be variable, but on average there is plenty of time spent at home and having a social life while on call is definitely possible!
- Salary will obviously vary depending on experience.
We are a very independent practice with exciting plans for the future and can’t wait to find the right vet to join us and help take us there. We are looking for a people person with a can do attitude and a real team member – we need someone who knows there’s no ‘I’ in TEAM (but there is TEA).
If you think you could be who we are looking for then give us a call or or drop us an email – we look forward to meeting you!
****If you would like to apply for this position then please send a FULL CV and COVERING LETTER via email to: Miss Victoria Sands – Director / firstname.lastname@example.org
Or alternatively send to:
Miss Victoria Sands – Director
Southill Vets Ltd
Veterinary Students & Work Experience
If you wish to come and see practice with us, either being a Veterinary student or for school work experience, then please send us your details (including preferred dates) via email or writing.
Work experience to be sent to:
Clare Webb Head RVN
Southill Veterinary Group Ltd
Phone: 01963 33226
Veterinary student to be sent to:
Miss Vicky Sands – Director
Southill Veterinary Group Ltd
Tel: 01963 33226
*Please be aware that seeing practice/work experience is highly sought after so contacting us early is essential.